Weekend Reflections 12/13

Looking outside....it's sunny, but cold. But, when the sun is shining, I don't care how cold it is!

Listening...it's quiet. The Doctor is at work and the boys are just getting up.


Loving...that my Christmas shopping is done. I just need it all to arrive so it can be wrapped.


Thinking...that the new bifocals aren't working and will need to be returned. When I wear them, I get angry and swear, I have headaches and get nauseous. I do like the bifocal contacts though.


In my kitchen...a cup of hot chocolate right now and my early family birthday dinner at my Mom's tonight.


Wearing...red penguin pajamas, a black turtleneck and red and white striped fuzzy socks.


Needing...to do a load of laundry and take some time with The Brother to get his room cleaned.


Reading...No idea. I need to start a new one. It's been a slow couple of weeks for reading.


Today...odds and ends and family time.


Hoping...the Doctor won't have to work long this morning. 


Planning...to attend a live nativity with all the family after my early birthday dinner. We did that a couple of years ago and my boys loved walking through the replica of Bethlehem, the inn, the stable. It was such a great way to remember the reason we celebrate Christmas and it was all at the level of children. I think my nieces will really enjoy it this year. 


Gratitude...for a teenage boy who decided he wanted to learn to play the violin, has diligently worked and practiced and who performed amazingly well at his first recital after only 2 1/2 months of lessons.


From my world... 




Shiny! The newest addition to our Christmas tree this year. 

This post was shared at 2 Kids and Tired Cooks

Comments

  1. It's sunny but cool here. I love checking out all the Christmas lights on everyone's houses and live nativity scenes!

    I've been in a reading slump since I finished Horrorstör and Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography. I keep trying to get interested in a book but just can't. And I don't like it one bit!

    So you have a birthday coming up? I hope you have a fantastic day and enjoy your dinner at you mom's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely about the sun. As long as it is shining, the temp really doesn't matter. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and lots of fun at the live Nativity. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having a glorious warm and sunny weekend. I have so much more to do for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a live nativity! I wish that we had something like that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jinx! I am at this very minute watching Serenity, so I love your Firefly ornament!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment