9/11 Never Forget


Where were you that September day?
Is your flag flying today?
Have you forgotten?
Do you think it's important to remember


The Brother is 13. He was 9 months old on September 11, 2001. He knows about the twin towers, but is just now starting to understand what really happened. Last night we talked a bit about that day and where we were and how we felt.

There are significant moments in life that stand out, whether they are personal or national. My mother remembers the day President Kennedy was assassinated. I have memories of the moon landing and I remember watching the twin towers fall and the terror and uncertainty of 9/11.

How grateful I am for those who founded this country and created an inspired Constitution that still stands despite efforts to destroy it. How grateful I am to live in a country that is still free. How grateful I am for the men and women who serve in the military and for those who have given their lives in service of this country so I can enjoy the freedoms I have.

God Bless America.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reminder to reflect today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a solemn day--even the sun has stayed behind the clouds most of the day here. I'm not sure I can ever forget that day but it's always important to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment