Sunday Salon 8/23

My boys and I spent the week in California with my mom. We left Dad at home to work and although we missed him a lot, we went to the beach, and a baseball game. We went to the zoo and the science center. They played with cousins and I visited with my sister and my mom and saw old friends.

I brought 6 books with me. They stayed in my suitcase. In fact, I'm still reading the two books I had started last week before leaving.

You will note some FIRST Wildcard posts that don't have accompanying reviews. I'm behind on reviews and I hate that. If I've committed to review a book by a certain day, I do it. I have over 1000+ posts in my Google Reader, and I haven't visited any blogs this week. But, I had a lot of fun with family and friends.

School starts this week and while I love having my boys home, and while we managed a fun summer, I'm ready for structure and some time to myself! I'm looking forward to a routine that allows me some uninterrupted reading time, among other things.

How was your week?

You can find more Sunday Salon postings here.

Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a fantastic vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally.I also love having the kids around during school holidays but I do also look forward to school starting because of the structure.Set wake up times,set schedules,oh yes definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great vacation! It's nice to get back to that fall school schedule. I like your new blog template!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've really enjoyed following your blog posts! I have a little award for you, if you want to come over to my blog!

    Keep up the good work!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me fall feels like a new beginning...even better than Janurary. It is a great time for new plans and goals now that the busy summer is over. I am looking forward to fall. Maybe I will find some time to read again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment