Sisters, Ink...Review

About the book:
Sisters, Ink begins a novel series aimed at the scrapbooking audience, centering on four unlikely sisters whose creative outlet doubles as therapy, family time, and much more.

Another cute story from Rebeca Seitz. I'd give it 2.5 stars. It's an easy read, and a "sequel" to Prints Charming, which plays off the "sisters" idea. A story about a multi-cultural family: each of the 4 sisters is adopted. Their mother has died, but all the girls love scrapbooking, just as she did. This book centers on Tandy, the red-head. She has a high-powered law career in Florida, but after a forced visit back to her small hometown, she is torn with what direction her life should take. Her sisters each have their own life, but they are close and they all support one another. Predictably, she meets up with the boy next door. You, know, the one who broke her heart in high school, but the one she still loves.

The story is light, full of pop culture references, with plenty of Christian-faith lesson to be learned. I hope the author is getting a kick-back for all her advertising of scrapping products and mention of scrapping celebrities. While I liked it, I wouldn't call it stellar, but it is entertaining. It's a light, easy, chick-lit read, with a predictable, happy ending. And from what I can tell, each sister is most likely going to have her own follow-up story. I may read these follow-ups, I may not.

Thanks to my local library for having a copy I could borrow.  You can purchased your own copy here.

Read 10/08

* * *
3/5 Stars

Comments