Round Robin...Review

About the book:
The sequel to her acclaimed debut novel, Jennifer Chiaverini's Round Robin is a poignant tale of friendship and loyalty.

The Elm Creek Quilters have begun a Round Robin quilt, created by sewing concentric patchwork borders to a central block, as a gift for their beloved fellow quilter Sylvia Compson. But even as the quilt is passed from friend to friend, its eloquent beauty increasing with every stitch, the threads of their happiness begin to unravel. As each woman confronts a personal crisis, a painful truth, or a life-changing choice, the quilt serves as a symbol of the complex and enduring bonds between mothers and daughters, sisters and friends.

This is the second in the Elm Creek Quilters series and it was delightful. I love how the author has pieced these women's lives together the same way a quilt is pieced and created. This particular book explores the relationships between mothers and daughters in a very real, very thought-provoking way. It is as engaging and intricate as the quilt patterns it imitates.

I've been on a quilting kick lately, I suppose! And, I've reserved the remaining books in this series at the library. I can't wait to read them all.

Highly recommended.

Thanks to my local library for having a copy I could borrow.

Read 12/07

Comments